Spidex Vital Predatory mites Phytoseiulus persimilisUse Spidex Vital for:
Two spotted spider mite. Besides Tetranychus urticae, P. persimilis can be used to control other spider mites from the genus Tetranychus, such as T. pacificus and T. kanzawai, with the exception of T. evansi.
Mode of action
Predatory mites pierce their prey with their sucking mouthparts and suck out the contents.
- Turn and shake the bottle gently before use
- Push the centre of the cap to open the dosage hole
- Sprinkle material on leaves or pour into Diboxes
- Make sure the material remains on the introduction site for at least a few hours after introduction
- Can also be applied with (Mini)-Air(o)bug
The dosage of Spidex Vital depends on climate, crop and spider mite density and should always be adjusted to the particular situation. Start introduction as soon as the first pest mites are detected in the crop. Introduction rates typically range from 2-50 per m2/release. Releases should be repeated once or twice at weekly intervals. Consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advice on the best strategy for your situation.
Phytoseiulus persimilis is most effective at temperatures between 13 and 27°C (55 and 81°F) and not effective above 30°C/86°F. Phytoseiulus persimilis is sensitive to relative humidity below 70%.
Can be combined with Neoseiulus californicus and Feltiella acarisuga.
Pesticides can have (in)direct effects on biological solutions. Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product.
Storage time after receipt
In the dark, bottle horizontally.
- 100 ml bottle with dosage-plug, containing 2,000 mobile stages
- 500 ml bottle, containing 10,000 mobile stages
- Each bottle contains nymphs and adults mixed with wood-chips